INTERNSHIP CODE OF CONDUCT
Students interns are expected to read carefully and abide with the following code of conduct:
- Remain drug and alcohol-free, and avoid the use of controlled substances
- Maintain confidentiality of work-related projects and personnel
- Familiarize myself with, and adhere to, relevant organizational arrangements, procedures, and functions
- Understand what constitutes a permissible work absence and who to notify if absent, be prompt with being on time to work and with assignments.
- Changes in work schedule, supervision, or problems at your site must be reported to the internship coordinator.
- If feel victimized by a work-related incident, contact the Lyceum of the Philippines University Internship Office or the Dean of the Student Affairs immediately
- Talk to my university internship coordinator about any uncomfortable or potentially unethical situations.
- Dress appropriately for the work setting as required by the industry partners.
- Follow through on commitments
- Do not conduct personal business during work hours (emails, cell phones, internet such as social networking sites)
- Refrain from posting information about your internship or the company you work for on any social networking sites.
- Protect the image of your university and the industry partner you are connected at all times.
- Keep a positive attitude
- Keep an open mind; avoid jumping to conclusions; try to make informed judgments
- Be observant – see how people organize their ideas and respond to situations
- Communicate – keep people informed in a useful and brief way, listen, and ask questions
- Be fair, considerate, honest, trustworthy, and cooperative when dealing with co- workers
- Assert myself and my ideas in an appropriate and tactful manner
- Seek feedback from my supervisors, accept suggestions for corrective changes in behavior and attempt to improve performance
- Accept constructive criticism and continuously strive to improve performance
- Seek to enhance my professional effectiveness by improving skills and acquiring new knowledge
I agree to the above stated LPU – Batangas Internship Code of Conduct and will make every effort to abide by it.
I am aware that my violation of any of this code will expose me to a disciplinary action as provided by this student manual and the rule of conduct of the industry partner I am connected.
Student Signature: ____________________________________ Date: _____________
Conforme : ___________________________