Intern Roles and Responsibilities
Prospective interns should demonstrate that they have acquired the competencies for the internship program and that they are ready to apply and further develop these skills during the internship period. In addition, interns are required to:
- Adhere to dress and behavior guidelines.
- Participate in all approved activities structured by the internship coordinator and the internship site supervisor/mentor, focusing on the training plan.
- Complete, sign, and submit all documentation as directed by the internship coordinator by requested deadline.
- Communicate with the internship coordinator throughout the internship experience, especially if concerns or problems need to be addressed.
- Evaluate and share information about the internship experience.
- Comply with the policies and procedures of the internship site.
- Comply with training agreement.
- Complete and submit weekly reports and cumulative hour summaries.
- Cooperate with the internship coordinator in securing appropriate internship placement.
- Notify internship coordinator and internship site supervisor/mentor if unable to report to internship site or seminars/classes by the requested deadline.
- Have reliable transportation to and from the internship site.
- Participate in internship recognition/celebration activities.
- Cooperate with the site supervisor/mentor and internship coordinator; engage in the program as a learning experience; observe business etiquette; and abide by safety rules.
- Furnish the internship coordinator with requested information.
- Demonstrate honesty, punctuality, respect, courtesy, cooperative attitude, proper health and grooming habits, and a willingness to learn both in the seminars/ classes and at the internship site.
- Remain at the assigned internship site for the duration of the internship period except by mutual agreement of all parties.
- Maintain confidentiality guidelines.