INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT PROCEDURE
- Student who will participate in the internship program must be officially enrolled first in the internship subject before they start the internship.
- The student must pass all the pre-requisite of the internship subject.
- The student must pass their pre-internship course (for CITHM students) before their actual internship.
The student must submit the following requirements after enrolling in the internship subject. Documents to accomplish include:
- Internship Application form – Refer to Appendix
- Internship Training Agreement – Refer to Appendix (if the company requires)
- Three (3) copies of Resume (Scanned photo is allowed) – Refer to Appendix
- Four (4) of 2×2 colored photos attached to the resume.
- Medical Certificate upon request of the host industry.
- Registration form as proof of enrolment in the internship course.
- Student and parent’s waiver. (refer to appendix)
Note: All documents are to be placed inside a long brown envelope, with the accomplished requirement checklist form with the following information:
- Name of the student, printed in a capital letters, last name first;
- Student Number;
- Semester when internship will be taken;
- Course, year and section
- Student contact number.
Student Orientation for Internship
Prior to the start of the internship, each student will attend the pre-internship course orientation program set by the university. This will serve as the basis for establishing an agreement between the internship coordinator, student and employer.
The said internship orientation is a pre-requisite in the internship undertaking. Failure in attending the said scheduled orientation may invalidate the internship of the student.
Student Internship Process
This procedure need to be done only after qualifying the pre-internship course of the student.
- Applicant for internship needs to submit a copy of their resume inside a long brown envelope to the Internship Office for checking and revision.
- Once the student successfully passed their resume, student applicant needs to accomplish the Requirement Checklist Form to be pasted at the front of their envelopes.
- Upon submission of the above mentioned requirements, student will now need to undergo a mock interview. This is essential for the following reasons:
- To determine the qualification of the student.
- To match the student’s qualification based on the set requirements/ qualification of the company.
- Internship office will find a slot for the applicant from our partner industries.