Site Supervisor/Mentor Roles and Responsibilities
An internship site supervisor/mentor who is prepared for his or her role will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to serve as a role model for the career field or discipline with a good understanding of the industry and current trends.
- Dedication to learning about and teaching about the major aspects of the field, including issues and controversies.
- A strong work ethic.
- Ability to communicate with all involved parties.
- An understanding of the internship program and what is expected of all involved parties.
- Timeliness in completing university documentation for the intern and/or internship coordinator.
- A willingness to help develop the internship training plan and to implement or revise the plan as circumstances arise.
- A willingness to assist the internship coordinator in evaluating the intern throughout the internship experience.
- A willingness to verify reports, time sheets, and other internship documents.
- A willingness to comply with all items specified in the training agreement.